Mercari is selling app that provides users with a way to sell unused, abandoned or outgrown items. Instead of letting items pile up or go unused, users can sell their items and make some money while they do it. Mercari makes selling, shipping and earning easier than similar sites and apps.
Mercari’s goal is to make selling easier than buying. The creators are determined to become the first Japanese startup to make it “big” in the U.S. This determination has proved valuable, as Mercari grows at a rapid pace. Mercari is available for use directly from their site or from their app. The Mercari app is available for download for Apple and Android. Mercari boasts 40 million + downloads in the U.S. and 150k new listings every day.
What can I find on Mercari?
Mercari features over 10,000 popular brands and 70% off retail prices.
Some of the brands found on Mercari include:
Categories found on Mercari include:
1. Women. Everything from hoodies to pencil skirts, to V-necks.
2. Men. Everything from tuxedos to cargo shorts, to military-wear.
3. Toys & Collectibles. Everything from dolls to kids telescopes, to fidget toys.
4. Kids. Everything from school uniforms to bath toys, to grooming and healthcare kits.
5. Home. Everything from duvets to photographs, to microwaves.
6. Vintage & Collectibles. Everything from watches to figurines, to handkerchiefs.
7. Beauty. Everything from body scrubs to hair relaxers, to tweezers.
8. Electronics. Everything from Blu-Ray players to networking and connectivity tools, to Polaroids.
9. Sports & Outdoors. Everything from hiking and camping gear, to MMA gear.
10. Handmade. Everything from sculptures to rugs, to hand-made journals.
How to Shop on Mercari:
With endless brands and categories to browse, shoppers are guaranteed to find the right item – at a lower price! Mercari guarantees buyer protection – payments are not released until the item arrives and is confirmed to be as specified.
Users can shop, searching by brand, category or keyword.
How to Sell on Mercari:
1. Create your user account.
2. Snap photos of your items.
3. Create your listing; describe your items.
4. Once an item is sold, simply print out a shipping label. There’s no need to leave your house for postage!
Get paid. There is a flat selling fee of 10% that is charged once the sale is finalized.