Want to pocket some extra cash all while cleaning out your home? Sell some unwanted items on eBay! Get paid within days for electronics, sports memorabilia and so much more! Poppy can assist you!!
List your Item
1. First, log-in to your eBay account. If you don't have an account, sign up by creating a username/password and entering some basic information.
2. Then select the blue “Sell” option on the right-hand side of the header.
3. On the next page, you will be presented with a search bar. In that search bar, enter keywords that describe the product you’d like to sell. Suggestions that are similar will populate in the search bar. Select one of the suggestions or continue with your own description. Then choose, “Go”.
4. On the next page, you’ll be presented with a gallery of similar products currently selling on eBay. For an easier time listing your product, select one of these options. Do this by selecting the “Sell one like this” button. A pop-up will ask you to specify the product condition. Once you select the fitting option, you will be taken to a new page.
5. On the next page, you can create your posting title, upload up to 12 photos, include details (i.e. brand), write your own description and select pricing options. Be sure to include photos! Taking quality photos can make or break your sale. Make sure you choose good lighting, be mindful of the background, crop and edit photos (if necessary). Net, net: the more pics, the more comfortable a potential buyer feels when viewing your item.
6. Towards the bottom of this screen, you will specify pricing and shipping. Under the pricing section, select the format you prefer “Auction” or “Buy It now’. An auction can last 1-10 days. Items best sold in auction are rare or antique items, or items whose worth you may be unsure of. Fixed-price, or “Buy it Now” items can be purchased at any time, at a set price. For auction, you will also select the dates in which you would like the auction to run.
7. Once completed, choose to “List it”, “Preview” or “Save and Exit”.
8. You have listed your product on eBay!
After you Sell Your Product on eBay:
Monitor your products during auction. Make sure to answer buyer questions. Keeping an open-line of communication will allow buyers to feel more confident in purchasing from you.
When your item sells, you’ll receive a notification e-mail. You will have the option of printing a shipping label. Proceed with securely packaging and shipping your item. Congratulations!
Lastly, ensure you receive your payment via PayPal. Not sure about PayPal? Ask Poppy!