Trying to get rid of some large items but don't just want to give it away? Sell unwanted items on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace! Get paid within hours for cars, furniture and so much more! Poppy can assist you!!
Steps to Sell on Craigslist:
1. From the main Craigslist page, select “create a posting”.
2. On the next page, you’ll need to select which type of posting you’re creating. Craigslist allows you to sell items, post job or gig openings or offer housing. For the sake of this post, we’ll continue with selecting “for sale by owner” (third grouping down). Then select the gray “continue” button on the bottom left hand corner.
3. On the next page, you’ll need to select which category your item fits into. There are 45 categories to chose from, so read carefully! Once you’ve chosen your category, select the gray “continue” button on the bottom left hand corner, once more.
4. On the following page, you’ll need to fill out the requested fields – create a posting title, list a price, your location, write an item description, chose your preferred language and include the best way to for buyers to contact you. You can also add additional details, such as a manufacturer name, model number, item dimensions and item condition. Once completed, select the gray “continue” button on the bottom right-hand corner.
5. The next page will ask you to confirm your location. Once completed, select the gray “continue” button on the bottom right-hand corner.
6. On the next page, you can upload up to 24 images. We recommend uploading the best shots you’ve got! Once completed, select the gray “done with images” button in the bottom right-hand corner.
7. The following page will be an unpublished draft. Carefully review your ad. Edit your post, images or location if need be. Once done, select the gray “publish” button in the upper right-hand corner.
8. The following page will include directions to complete publishing your ad. An email should then be sent to you from Craigslist, which will contain the directions to finish publishing your ad. An email verification is necessary to complete your request.
9. From your inbox, open the email from Craigslist. Read through the instructions provided, then click on the included hyperlink. This will complete publishing your Craigslist ad!
Steps to Sell on Facebook Marketplace:
1. From your Facebook account, go to “Marketplace” in the left column of your news-feed.
2. Select the blue “+Sell Something” icon.
3. A tab will pop-up, called “What Are you Selling?”. You can Select from “Item for Sell”, “Vehicle for Sale” or “Home for Rent”. We are covering selling an item today, so we’ll select the blue “Item for Sale” icon.
4. Fill out the requested fields to describe the item you’d like to sell. Select a category, create a title, price and select your location. You can add an additional description to the product listing. You can also upload up to ten photos. We highly recommend uploading as many good shots as you can – it’ll boost the likelihood of your product selling!
5. Once that’s completed, select the blue “Next” button in the bottom right-hand corner.
6. A “Select Audience” tab will pop-up next. You can choose to proceed with showing your ad in your location or add marketplace pages.
7. Once you’ve completed everything, select “Post”.
Congrats, you’ve listed your item on Facebook Marketplace!