:the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation = A.I.
- "Elon Musk, owner of Tesla, has argued that artificial intelligence is a current as well as a future threat against mankind"
IP Address / (noun) (IP = Internet Protocol) [in-ter-net] [proh-tuh-kawl] [ad-res]
:a code that identifies a computer network or particular computer or other device on the network, consisting of four numbers separated by periods.
- "Your IP Address should be provided by your Internet Service Provider"
Cookie / (noun) [koo k-ee]
:a message, or segment of data, containing information about a user, sent by a web server to a browser and sent back to the server each time the browser requests a web page
- i.e. "Computer cookies can enhance your online experience!"
:Internet-based computing in which large groups of remote servers are networked so as to allow sharing of data-processing tasks, centralized data storage, and online access to computer services or resources
- "More companies are moving toward a cloud computing process to improve efficiency and decrease costs!"
Malware / (noun) [mal-wair]
:a software that is installed surreptitiously and gathers information bout an internet user's browsing habits, intercepts the personal data, etc., transmitting this information to a third party
- i.e. "No wonder your computer is running so slow, there was so much malware found in the virus scan I just ran!"
Cache / (noun) [kash]
:a temporary storage space or memory that allows fast access to data
- "Your web browser cache has the ability to store passwords to login quicker!"
Ransomware / (noun) [ran-suh m-wair]
:malware planted illegally in a computer or mobile device that disables its operation or access to its data until the owner or operator pays to regain control or access
- "The 'Wanna Cry' randsomware attack infected an estimated 300,000 computers in May of 2017."
Router/ (noun) [rou-ter]
:piece of hardware or software having a specific IP address and connected to network nodes for the transfer of data between computers
- "The WPS button located on the top of your router lets you easily connect to wireless devices!"
Meme / (noun) [meem]
:a cultural item in the form of an image, video, phrase, etc. that is spread via the Internet and often altered in a creative or humorous way
- "My mother keeps called a meme 'me-me'! She needs to login to Poppy's Tech Aid!"
Control Panel / (noun) [kuh n-trohl] [pan-l]
:the portion of the computer console that contains manual controls for regulating computer operations
- "Your control panel is where critical computer settings will be found."
Bluetooth / (noun) (trademark) [bloo-tooth]
:a brand name for a wireless networking technology that uses short-wave radio frequencies to interconnect cell phones, portable computers, and other wireless electronic devices.
- "Having Bluetooth in your car allows you to make hands-free phone calls!"