:the methods used to boost the ranking or frequency of a website in results returned by a search engine, in an effort to maximize user traffic to the site
- "Search Engine Optimization has become a common practice amongst marketing departments!"
Firewall / (noun) [fahyuh r-wawl]
:an integrated collection of security measures designed to prevent unauthorized electronic access to a networked computer system
- "If the firewall on the computer is up to date, you chances of a cyber attack greatly decrease!"
Network / (noun) [net-work]
:a system containing any combination of computers, computer terminals, printers, audio or visual display devices, or telephones interconnected by telecommunication equipment or cables: used to transmit or receive information
- "Facebook is an example of an online social network!"
Code / (noun) [kohd]
:a set of symbols that can be interpreted by a computer or piece of software
- "The software program I wrote has over 4,000 lines of code in it!"
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) / (noun) [pey] [pur] [klik]
:a system used to set prices for online advertisements on a search engine or other website, by which the advertiser pays a small fee to the website publisher each time a user clicks on the advertisement
- "Pay-Per-Click ads have become popular marketing method when targeting millennials!"
:the proprietary name of a high-level, object-oriented scripting language used especially to create interactive applications running over the Internet
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) / (noun) [hahy-per-tekst] [mahrk-uhp] [lang-gwij]
:a set of standards used to tag elements of a hypertext document. It is the standard protocol for formatting and displaying documents on the World Wide Web
- "Being proficient in HTML is a massive resume booster!"
Bitcoin / (noun) [bit-koin]
:a type of digital currency that uses state-of-the-art cryptography, can be issued in any factional denomination, and has a decentralized distribution system
- "Many online international businesses only accept Bitcoin from U.S. customers!"